Have a Support Question?

If you have any question you can ask below or enter what you are looking for!

Structure of an essay

Home Forums FreeTalk Website Issues Structure of an essay

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ron Blade

An essay has a not quite standard structure. It should have no table of contents, no list of references, and sometimes not even a title page. It is a free genre, which can be expressed by the author as he or she wants. The only condition that determines the structure of academized review is logic. Everything must be structured according to the laws of logic. The scheme of essay writing does not change much regardless of the size and remains the same even in a mini essay.

Despite the fact that the essay has a free form, it has structural features. First of all, they are caused by the requirements of this genre:

All the author’s thoughts must be stated in thesis statements;

Each thesis must be supported by arguments.

Arguments in this case are specific well-known facts, events, phenomena, objects, scientifically proven facts, etc. The author’s phrase: “My grandmother told me about it” cannot be considered an argument. References to books or films are appropriate.

An average essay usually has a small size (the standard length is several sheets of A4), begins with a statement of the problem, followed by the statement of several (usually three) theses and 2-3 arguments to these theses. It all ends with a general conclusion.

An alternative form of writing is also possible. The statement of the problem remains the same. It is followed by the first thesis and arguments in its defense. And then comes the mini-conclusion on this thesis: thesis + Argument 1 + Argument 2 + Argument 3 + Conclusion

This sequence is repeated 2 or 3 times, depending on how many theses you are operating on. And in the conclusion of this essay, there may not be a general conclusion. There is also a third option, how to write an essay essay: add an opinion of the opposite side and the justification for its fallacy. This type of composition is more thorough and serious.
    Related Resources:
    How to write an essay in English: tips and rules
    WRITING AN ESSAY IN ENGLISH
    ESSAY/ASSIGNMENT WRITING
    5 tricks for writing a history essay

rzfrakcaar rzfrakcaar

wow

rzfrakcaar rzfrakcaar
    djmmncevpy

I am not very good at writing an essay. So I always use the online sites. This time I found your post and I am very grateful to you for sharing it with us. By the way, I was thinking about using the https://pro-papers.com/buy-grad-school-application-essay help from this website, but I don’t think I need it anymore.

Jone Martin

This is the great service for us to resolve the essay issue. We can complete our essay assignment. Now, I am also providing you Drain Inspection Services in San Diego service, which make your property secure.

amandablaire

I want to buy online dissertation and need to find a high-quality service that may help me with this task. The topic is related to modern economic issues. So I need to have real examples in my dissertation. I have already prepared the structure. The list of references I want to revise during the writing process. Will be grateful for any suggestions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.