Have a Support Question?

If you have any question you can ask below or enter what you are looking for!

What is Doxxing and how can I protect myself from it?

Home Forums FreeTalk Website Issues What is Doxxing and how can I protect myself from it?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    zorro

What is Doxxing and how can I protect myself from it?
    I tried to look into it on my own, but I wish you could help me.

leooo

Doxing is a very seDoxxing involves investigating the details of people’s lives. The purpose of the practice is to either subject that person to prosecution, embarrass the victim, cause criticism of that person, or cause physical harm to that person.rious threat to people’s privacy, and it can even literally ruin a person’s life.

neo545

One of the most common methods of cybercrime is doxing https://chekkee.com/what-is-doxxing-how-to-protect-yourself-from-getting-doxxed/ . The motives of the perpetrators can be quite different – denunciation of the victim, intimidation, revenge, and so on. There are a few tips to help a user not get caught in the hook of a doxer: Don’t talk about yourself online. Don’t post or share your personal information, such as your geographic location or cell phone number. Set up privacy in messengers and on social networks – close your profile and keep an eye on your list of friends; Secure your own accounts. In addition to coming up with a complex password, use two-factor authentication

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.